assistant materials controller
Debmarine Namibia - luderitz, namibia
2 months ago
IN YOUR ROLE AS ANASSISTANT MATERIALS CONTROLLER YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO:
Undertakes responsibility for the following Logistical Functions at Lderitz Warehouse:
- Secures, controls, makes available and records inventory movements and those materials which require management and control.
- Manages and maintains physical warehousing principals in terms of ergonomics, lay-out, Health and Safety and preservation and legislative requirements.
- Adheres to the port operating practices and regulations.
- Manages the process of moving spares to different locations locally and across the borders.
- Ensures items are stored in accordance with best practices, ergonomics and in accordance with safety principles and systems references.
- Manages inventory counts and investigates inventory shortages.
- Compiles inventories in storage for further action.
- Assists with the disposal of obsolete items such as stock, non-stock, equipment and scrap steel via disposal, auctions and/or donations.
- Reviews and acts on audit findings for the Lderitz Warehouse with formal feedback to the Materials Controller.
- Drafts and recommends new practices, procedures and principles to the Materials Controller and where applicable to the warehouse and its management teams to approve implementation.
- Co-operates with colleagues and with the Company appointed Agent in the Port to facilitate the achievement of Company objectives.
- Reviews and recommends updates and changes of related policies, procedures and practices.
- Implements safekeeping and control procedures.
- Adheres to and promotes Company policies and procedures relating to health, safety, security and environmental policies.
- Cooperates with the tug service provider to facilitate the achievement of Company objectives.
DO YOU MEET THE FOLLOWING EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS?
- National Diploma related to Supply Chain Management (NQF 6)
- Relevant degree will be an added advantage
- 3 years relevant logistics, warehousing and distribution experience
- Knowledge of SAP MM will be an added advantage
- Basic understanding of procurement
THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES ARE KEY TO THIS POSITION:
- Computer applications MS Office Applications
- Deciding, initiating, persuading and influencing
- Leading and supervising
- Planning, organising, learning and researching skills
- Operating Model Principles
- Handle confidential matters
- Working with people, relating and networking
- Achieving personal work goals and objectives
Interested parties should please submit a comprehensive CV with proof of qualifications and experience by following the application and registration process via the Company website: www.debmarinenamibia.com
Preference will be given to Namibian citizens and designated persons as prescribed by the Namibian Affirmative Action Act.
WOMEN AND PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and shall be subjected to further assessment and screening.
This section is only applicable to internal applicants: All applications from the De Beers Group of Companies should be forwarded to the respective line HOD before being submitted.
CLOSING DATE: 14 APRIL 2023