Procurement Manager Job
kraatz marine pty ltd - walvis bay, namibia
6 months ago
Department : Finance & Administration
Line Manager : Janine Ruthdia Smith
Key Job Outputs
Manage Procurement Supply Chain performance
- Manage procurement of materials and services for operational, production and maintenance requirements, in line with agreed forecasts and planning goals.
- Manage optimization of procurement expenditure in line with TCO.
- Support process analysis activities driven by Shared Service Centre.
- Manage Supplier Performance and implement supplier development programs.
- Manage inventories as to agreed guidelines, levels and in line with ABC classifications.
- Support capital procurement expenditure, capital projects and asset disposal.
- Lead the process of quality audits and inspections on goods received to ensure OTIF delivery.
- Advise specialists and make the final decision on the discontinuation of services & procedures.
Procurement Strategies & Strategic Sourcing initiatives
- Plan, maintain and execute procurement, inventory and logistics strategies.
- Develop and plan Business Unit specific material sourcing strategies.
- Lead the drafting of specifications for material & service sourcing in line with Shared Services and Business Unit specific requirements.
- Obtain & develop Supply Market information to align organizations processes to best practice and external conditions.
- Source and lead multifunctional sourcing teams with the technical expertise to execute strategies and sourcing initiatives.
- Research and implement all necessary supply chain governance to ensure that organization complies with said legislation and governance requirements.
Reporting & Forecasting
- Develop, implement and measure KPIs in line with Shared Services and BU specific goals and objectives for the procurement team and function.
- Support and execute planning and forecasting activities in conjunction with all internal and external interfaces, to ensure availability of materials whilst maintaining costs.
- Report on Procurement and Inventory Control in line with Shared Services and BU specific objectives.
Develop and Manage Policies, Procedures, Processes and Systems
- Implement, manage and ensure compliance of procurement and inventory policies, procedures and work instructions in line with Shared Services, BU specific and ISO guidelines and requirements.
- Support, development and maintenance of standard inventory classification.
- Develop, implement and maintain processes and information systems in line Implement and maintain contract management processes and systems with Shared Services goals and objectives.
Supplier Relationship and Contract Management
- Continuously engage with key stakeholders to build and maintain effective relationships that have an effect on sourcing initiatives.
- Advises Procurement Officer on contractual requirements and needs in terms of suppliers.
- Assist the team in categorising suppliers as well as in the development of the categorisation procedure and process.
- Constantly motivate third parties to safeguard an efficient and cost-effective end-to-end procurement process within the set quality standards .
- Lead the supplier performance review process.
- Effectively negotiate high investment contracts with suppliers and third parties.
- Lead the process of continuous review and evaluation of contracts and contract terms.
Strategic Commodity Management
- Understand, research and evaluate the sourcing needs of the business as well as the status of the external supply market.
- Obtain commodity-specific knowledge in the market in order to understand the competitive environment.
- Lead the contingency planning process with regards to commodity availability and organizations needs to plan for procurement output.
- Generally analyse and evaluate the organizations needs and formulate appropriate reactions to those needs.
- Constantly takes socio-economic factors into account when making decisions, to ensure long term sustainability of commodities and sourcing initiatives.
Lead, coach and develop staff
- Lead, coach and support direct reports.
- Facilitate effective counselling and discipline of staff.
- Provide relevant on-the-job training and conduct knowledge and skill transfer initiatives.
- Manage staff performance.
- Collaborate in recruitment and Selection of staff.
- Assist the HC department in executing initiatives.
- Written & verbal communication reports, proposals, minutes, speeches.
- Personal credibility/Ethics.
- Emotional intelligence.
- Stress tolerance/Resilience.
- Tenacity/Perseverance/Monitoring/Internal control.
- Problem solving skills/Sound judgement skills.
- Decision-making skills.
O&L - a Great Place to Work.
Applicants meeting our requirements are invited to apply. O&L Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.