Project Manager Job
kraatz marine pty ltd - walvis bay, namibia
9 months ago
Department : KM Workshop
Line Manager : Frank Kernstock
Purpose of Position:
- To manage and drive the full scope of the Industrial/Mining/Ship Repair projects by successful initiation, planning design, execution, monitoring and closure, engaging with current and new clients to secure opportunities to ensure your business unit is sustainable.
- Degree in Steel Fabrication /Technical or equivalent
- Five years or more of related experience, with proven track record
- Advanced MS Excel & Projects.
- Ensure cost estimates and quotes for prospective clients are done accurately.
- Ensure supervisors understand requirements.
- Ensure timeous quoting on additional works.
- Identify, document and communicate client brief / requirements for project.
- Effective management of multiple stakeholders.
- Maintain and build healthy client relationships throughout the project and post
- Proactively resolve performance, scope, cost and schedule issues with client as the
- Actively source through networking with stakeholders other potential projects.
- Contract Management.
- Effectively management of client, consultants, contractors, etc. contracts in the day-to-day managing of the project.
- Ensure relevant guarantees, insurances, professional indemnities, etc. are in place before commencement of project.
- Interact with regulatory bodies and/or Government departments to ensure that the projects comply with all applicable legal and statutory requirements.
- Chair meetings i.e. Planning Meetings, Site Meetings, Consultants Meetings, etc.
- Scope Management
- After concept and feasibility approval, ensure clear definition of scope and development thereof.
- Set clear objectives for the design team in view of project brief.
- Ensure compliance with all requirements of scope design.
- Ensure an affective change control process is in place.
- Manage and monitor project performance on ongoing basis to identify issues / opportunities early and take the necessary action.
- Continuously apply value engineering techniques / process.
- Cost Control
- Assist team with planning and preparation of project estimates / budgets for approval.
- Establish a professional cost control reporting.
- Monitoring and control of all project cost aspects in-line with approved budgets.
- Obtain approval for scope changes / cost overruns before implementation of same.
- Continuously assess cost control and take advantage of cost saving opportunities.
- Time Management
- Manage the planning of all scope elements of the project.
- Develop a project schedule which allows task to be executed in a logical sequence.
- Develop resource & financial requirements for the project.
- Manage the design, procurement and fabrication activities to meet the project schedule.
- Routine managing of key reports and development of corrective action plans.
- Timely and effective documentation of project progress and project close-out
- Quality Management
- Ensure that the team / contractors understand the HSE requirements of the project.
- Ensure continuous compliance with HSE procedures / standards / regulations.
- Ensure that HSE focus is maintained for whole of project duration.
- Ensure effective communication with project team.
- Accurate, timely and effective project progress reporting to client and internally.
- Ongoing monitoring of communications between project team, client and third parties to ensure the correct message is communicated / understood.
- Risk Management
- Identify project risks and opportunities.
- Monitor closely all identified risks and opportunities.
- Attend to site handover, site meetings and any other meetings that may be required.
- Set clear objectives for construction team.
- Monitor / manage steel fabrication activities to ensure the safe delivery of the project within costs, time and quality parameters.
- Ensure accurate forecasts and progress at WIP meetings, including cash flow.
- Monitor and report any deviation from forecast or budget timeously.
- Ensure invoices are made out to correct party and signed for on time
- Produce project plans and continuous updating.
- Familiar with terms and conditions of contracts and management thereof.
- Provide technical advice and support to Foremen/Supervisors.
- Ensure customer requirements are clearly specified.
- Control labour hours against budgets.
- Control costs against estimates.
- Report any client related difficulties to management.
- Manage profitability of projects.
- Personal credibility / Ethics
- Pro-active thinking
- Learning ability/continuous learning
- Stress tolerance/resilience
- Problem solving skills
O&L - a Great Place to Work.
Applicants meeting our requirements are invited to apply. O&L Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.