business intelligence developer
Debmarine Namibia - windhoek, namibia
20 days ago
IN THE ROLE AS A BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE (BI) DEVELOPER YOU WILL BE REQUIRED AMONGST OTHERS TO:
- Evaluates and makes recommendations on database/data warehouse components, including hardware, relational database management systems, ETL software, metadata management tools, and database design solutions to assist relevant end users to use data as and when required.
- Implements and uses new BI software tools and systems for assigned projects as requested.
- Implements integration for merging BI platforms with enterprise systems and applications as directed to streamline data gathering.
- Designs, codes, tests, and documents new or modified BI systems, applications, and programs for specific projects in the BI realm.
- Develops the semantic layer, metadata, reports, and report definitions for specific projects to streamline data gathering projects in the BI realm.
- Develops graphs and portal interfaces to assist end users to make use of data in the most meaningful way for specific projects in the BI realm.
- Analyzes user requirements and, based on findings, design functional specifications for specific projects as part of BI development.
- Conducts job duties and responsibilities according to the organizations business systems development methodology and/or its Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology to ensure audit compliance.
- Designs and delivers end-user training and training materials; provide technical support as necessary to ensure effective use of relevant material and programs for specific projects.
- Troubleshoots BI tools, systems, and software; performance-tune these applications as necessary for optimum use for specific projects
THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES ARE KEY TO THIS POSITION:
- Computer applications - MS Office
- Microsoft Visual Studio Development
- Microsoft SQL Server systems
- Database design applications
- Network, PC, and platform operating systems
- Flowcharting techniques
DO YOU MEET THE FOLLOWING EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS?
- Relevant degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or Data Science.
- At least 2 years working experience in a database (DBA) or DevOps environment.
- Experience with at least one of the following tier-one applications, databases, or data warehouses: Power BI, MS SQL Server, MS Analysis Services, MS SQL Server Integration Services, SAP, SAP BW, SAP Analytics Cloud Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services.
Interested candidates should please submit a comprehensive CV with proof of qualifications and experience by following the application and registration process via the Company website: www.debmarinenamibia.com
Preference will be given to Namibian citizens and designated persons as prescribed by the Namibian Affirmative Action Act.
In the subject line please indicate the position applying for.
Women are encouraged to apply.
DUE DATE: 24 MARCH 2023
For queries, please contact Bianca Timbo on Tel: +264 61 2978000
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and shall be subjected to further assessment and screening.