tax intern | tax
deloitte - windhoek, namibia
a year ago
- Under some guidance and supervision, completes varied assigned tasks with a focus on quality delivery and a positive impact to the team
- As role impacts the work of others, may have shared responsibilities for outputs
- Performs specific designated administrative tasks that require accuracy, timeliness of delivery and collaboration with team
- Assists team in the preparation and/or gathering of documents/files/etc. on request
- External contacts may include suppliers/client staff in order to provide information
- Building an understanding of the context of own delivery and the impact on other processes
- Assists team by completing various tasks which are similar or at the same level, needing to vary the tasks as they arise
- Updatesuperior/team on a very regular basis regarding status of outputs
- Workwithin Deloitte policies and processes to mitigate risks, referring queries to senior
- Provides senior with draft documents for checking of quality and accuracy prior to distribution
- Workto laid down schedules and delivery times with short-term planning required for tasks i.e. daily, weekly
- Explores areas for development and raises learning aspirations with senior
- Actively workto address identified development areas
- Effectively uses time, equipment and resources
- Follow ups with NamRA, SSC & NTA regarding submitted registration & de-registration requests
- Re-submission of any documents requested by NamRA, SSC or NTA
- Tax Status updates as directed by the team
- Pulling of Asycuda reports
- Assistance with tax audits as directed by the team
- All other duties as directed by the team
- Namibian/ domicile/ permanent residency
- Degree/ Hons Degree or in final year of distance studies
- Minimum grade average of 65%
- CV and full academic transcript to be attached
- Availability for minimum 6 consecutive months
We are committed to establishing an environment of continuous learning and enriching career opportunities.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
In your application, please make reference to the added advantage requirements that you meet.
Deloitte Africa has successfully launched the Hybrid Working model. Aligned with this model is our commitment to maintain an environment for personnel, clients and visitors that is safe and, as far as reasonably practicable, free from health risks.
Medical evidence provides overwhelming and empirical evidence that vaccination is currently the most effective means of preventing the spread of COVID-19 and reducing the likelihood of serious illness, death, transmissions and infections. More information about our mandatory vaccination policy will be discussed during the recruitment process for this position.
At Deloitte, we want everyone to feel they can be themselves and to thrive at workin every country, in everything we do, every day.We aim to create a workplace where everyone is treated fairly and with respect, including reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. Weseek to create and leverage our diverse workforce to build an inclusive environment across the African continent.