it audit junior consultant | risk advisory
deloitte - windhoek, namibia
21 days ago
Main Purpose of Job
As an IT Audit Trainee, your role will be to review IT systems and controls at our clients, which includes extensive client interaction, mainly at client premises. You will be required to stay up to date to provide cutting-edge consulting to our clients.
Specialised Technical Capabilities:
- Plan and Perform IT Audits, encompassing mainly the review of general IT controls and application controls;
- Be able to comprehend complex business process cycles quickly;
- Interact with client staff and management; obtaining their input and buy-in where necessary;
- Build and maintain relationships with clients;
- Provide insightful tips for remediation and thus providing value add; and
- Report findings at the appropriate levels of management.
- Demonstrates ability to work efficiently and meet all deadlines consistently
- Displays initiative
- Takes accountability for delivery of own work as per instruction
- Active participation and proactive attitude to service delivery
- Meets deadlines
- Works well within a team and with client management
B.Com IT / Informatics, BSc IT / Computer Science or equivalent degree.
1 Year relevant work experience will be a distinct advantage.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint;
- In-depth knowledge of various IT infrastructure, applications and operating systems;
- Understanding the relationship between the risk and the control;
- Ability to developand learnnew areas of business processes quickly;
- Abilityto work effectively as an individual or in group;
- Report writing skills are critical; and
- Holder of a valid Drivers License.
How youll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe theres always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Centre. https://deloitte.zoomforth.com/du
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/careers/articles/benefits.html
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and workalways striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloittes impact on the world. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html
*Please note that this job advertisement provides a summary of the capabilities required and all candidates shortlisted will receive a full list of capabilities.
At Deloitte, we want everyone to feel they can be themselves and to thrive at workin every country, in everything we do, every day.We aim to create a workplace where everyone is treated fairly and with respect, including reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. Weseek to create and leverage our diverse workforce to build an inclusive environment across the African continent.