Blasting & Coating Foreman Job
kraatz marine pty ltd - walvis bay, namibia
21 days ago
Purpose of Position:
To supervise and lead a team to execute blasting and coating work safely, accurately and to the highest level of workmanship and quality in order to satisfy the needs and requirements of our company and clients.
Grade 12, National Trade Certificate.
Minimum 6 years on the job industry related experience.
- Planning and Supervision
- Assign, instruct and lead the right people for the right tasks.
- Effective plan, supervise and organise tasks of work teams to achieve objectives timeously on a daily basis.
- Supervise the performance of teams and manage their performance according to set company standards and procedures.
- Managing of discipline according to company standards and procedures.
- Provide mentorship to team members on a regular basis with regards to technical skills transfer and working together in a team.
- Mobilize and demobilize people, equipment and material on job start up and on job completion.
- Prepare estimates for labour and materials in consultation with the Estimating department.
- Demonstrate good leadership, people utilization.
- Create an atmosphere of accountability and consistency impacting reliability for producing extraordinary outcomes.
- Lead teams toward an inspiring future, impacting engagement, spirit and resilience.
- Job Supervision
- Ensure administration such as timesheets or reports are accurately completed and submitted on time to payroll.
- Forecast labour hours and duration of jobs.
- Control labour hours against forecast.
- Report any deviation from forecast timeously.
- Report any client related difficulties to Project Manager.
- Continuous and consistent reporting of job status and progress.
- Conduct job feedback meetings to eliminate repeats of sub-standard performance.
- Productivity and Quality
- Manage labour utilization efficiently.
- Ensure labour, variations and standby time is correctly monitored and recorded.
- Short-time management.
- Control timekeeping and attendance.
- Control effective use of materials and tools.
- Complete jobs without non-conformances and within agreed deadlines.
- Execute jobs within budgeted costs and time allocation.
- Full responsibility of all elements in safety file. (Maintain & implement).
- Complete risk assessment with your team on site.
- Ensure safety incidents are correctly reported, investigated and findings implemented.
- Execute toolbox talks and safety meetings.
- Adhere to company and/or client legislative Health, Safety and Environmental standards.
- Responsible for the overall safety of employees.
- Apply and encourage good housekeeping practices.
- Monitor training needs as required by the client
Personal credibility / Ethics
Learning ability/continuous learning
Problem solving skills
O&L - a Great Place to Work.
Applicants meeting our requirements are invited to apply. O&L Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition ID: 3006