Project Manager (Marine & Offshore) Job
kraatz marine pty ltd - walvis bay, namibia
23 days ago
Purpose of Position:
- To estimate To manage and drive the full scope of the Ship Repair projects by successful initiation, planning design, execution, monitoring and closure, engaging with current and new clients to secure opportunities to ensure your business unit is sustainable.
- Qualification in Project Management/Commercial/Technical or equivalent
- Minimum of 7 years experience in the Industrial/Mining/Ship Repair industry on middle leadership team level
- Advanced MS Excel & Projects.
Ensure cost estimates and quotes for prospective clients are done accurately
Ensure supervisors understands requirements.
Ensure timeous quoting on additional works.
Ensure accurate forecasts and progress at WIP meetings, including cash flow.
Monitor and report any deviation from forecast or budget timeously.
Ensure invoices are made out to correct party and signed for on time
Produce project plans and continuous updating.
Familiar with terms and conditions of contracts and management thereof.
Provide technical advice and support to Foremen/Supervisors.
Ensure customer requirements are clearly specified.
Control labour hours against budgets.
Control costs against estimates.
Report any client related difficulties to management.
Manage profitability of projects.
To source and contract in the most cost effective and experienced sub-contractors.
Monitor progress, update programmes and manage catch up strategies.
Ensure regular site meetings are held.
Ensure sub-contractor receives official order prior to commencement of work.
Check and approve all sub-contractor invoices.
Demonstrate leadership in line with Company values and breakthrough architecture.
Lead teams toward an inspiring future, impacting engagement, spirit and resilience.
Foster an environment where employees are free to communicate.
Manage the performance of teams according to set company standards and procedures.
Handle employee grievances according to company standards and procedures.
Managing of discipline in the workplace.
Ensure that quality control standards as per contractual requirements are met.
Ensure that safety standards as per contractual requirements are met.
Attend to and address quality control issues raised by the quality control officer.
Attend to and address safety issues raised by the safety officer and escalate if necessary.
- Personal credibility / Ethics
- Pro-active thinking
- Learning ability/continuous learning
- Stress tolerance/resilience
- Problem solving skills
O&L - a Great Place to Work.
Applicants meeting our requirements are invited to apply. O&L Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition ID: 2992