Executive Chef Job
o&l leisure (pty) ltd - swakopmund, namibia
23 days ago
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To assist the General manager, by developing and innovating culinary brands and cuisine concepts, driving excellence in food production, enhance skills of the entire kitchen brigade at the Strand Hotel Swakopmund. Thus, also setting the highest standards in quality and hygiene. The role will also define benchmark kitchen operational efficiencies and implement systems to attain the desired financial performance.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE :
- Internationally accredited specialized chef training.
- 10+ years in 4* and 5* commercial kitchen environments, with at least the last two years at Executive Sous chef level or higher
- Experience at running multiple outlet operations.
- Preferably International experience (Africa, Asia & Europe).
- Strong pastry skills.
- HAACP experience and/or accreditation
- Computer literacy: MS Office, MICROS and Materials Control.
- Experienced trainer. Must be able to transfer skills.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES :
- Culinary Brands and concepts development.
- Day to day management of the kitchen operations
- Develops standard recipes and techniques for food presentation which help to assure consistently high quality, minimize food cost and exercise portion control.
- Food financial/procurement management of the kitchens
- Prepare necessary data applicable parts of the budget projects annual food labour and monitors actual results.
- Effectively manages cost of sales of all outlets and apply any corrections to ensure that financial goals are met.
- Ensure guest satisfaction through continually driving excellence in preparation and presentation of dishes.
- In conjunction with F&B Department management, assist in maintaining a high level of service principles in accordance with established standards.
- Plans and solves challenges and makes decisions that impacts the final products.
- Ensure brand and quality standards are met.
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Proving training, coaching and professional development opportunities to all F&B division employees.
- Drive health and safety and all HCCAP standards in all kitchen areas.
CLOSING DATE: 23 March 2023
O&L - a Great Place to Work.
Applicants meeting our requirements are invited to apply. O&L Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition ID: 2981