Night Auditor - Chobe Water Villas Job
chobe water villas (pty) - namibia
a month ago
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Incumbent will be responsible for checking front office accounting records for accuracy and daily summarizes and compiles information for the hotel's financial records. S/he will track room revenue, occupancy percentages, and other front office operating statistics. Prepares a summary of cash, check, and credit card activities, reflecting the hotel's financial performance for the day.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCES:
- Diploma in Hotel Management or Accounting
- 2 years experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of the Opera and Micros System
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of principles of auditing, balancing, and closing out accounts.
- Prints up and files reservations for the next business day.
- Monitors the status of vouchers, discount, and other promotional programs.
- Run end of day process in property management software (PMS).
- Posts room charges and taxes to guest accounts.
- Processes guest charges voucher and credit card vouchers.
- Transfer charges and deposits to master accounts.
- Checks to see that all charges are assigned to the appropriate departments.
- Verify all transactions performed at the front desk against documentary evidence and correct posting and allocation into the PMS system.
- To verify that all charges posted from the POS Software, SPA software reached the correct guest folios.
- Verifies all account postings and balances.
- Verifies that room rates are correct and posts the rates to guest account.
- Tracks room revenues, occupancy percentages, and other front office statistics.
- Prepares a summary of cash, check, and credit card activities.
- Summarizes results of operations for management.
- Record, store, access, and/or analyzecomputerized financial information.
- Prepare of End of day procedure and complete Night Audit Checklist
- Respond to guest needs, special requests and complaints and alert the appropriate manager as needed.
- Be Authentic
- Live the Values
- Cause Alignment
- Take Bold Stands
- Lead Growth
- Deliver Extraordinary Results
- Inspire Innovation
CLOSING DATE: 17 March 2023
O&L - a Great Place to Work.
Applicants meeting our requirements are invited to apply. O&L Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition ID: 2986