Financial Accountant Job
hangana seafood pty ltd - walvis bay, namibia
25 days ago
Department : HS Financial Management
Line Manager : May Ndiyowike Nghipondoka
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To provide guidance and assistance to the finance department in the processing and reconciliation of monthly finance Position. To supervise the accounts payable of the departments and ensure accuracy, completeness and validity of data. Assist the Senior Financial Accountant in the preparation of the monthly management accounts by reconciliation and consolidation of the processed financial information including trial balance status to ensure the smooth running of the financial department.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Honours in Degree in Accounting.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in an accounting field.
- NIPAM, ACCA or ICAN articles are an advantage.
- Perform statement of financial position GL reconciliations.
- Managing of Fixed Assets register (capitalization, depreciation, disposals etc) in line with IASs.
- O versee and reconciling of inter-company transactions.
- Organizing and manage year-end and mid-year inventory counts.
- Ensure that transactions in those GL accounts are valid, complete, and accurate.
- Reconcile and timely expensing inventory (vessel spares)
- Prepare and manage the amortization schedule ensuring accurate and timeous recording transactions.
- Foreign tax administration and submissions
- Supervise accounts payable section.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Be Authentic
- Cause Alignment
- Deliver Extraordinary Results
- I Lead Growth
- Inspire innovation
- Live the Values
- Take Bold Stands
O&L - a Great Place to Work.
Applicants meeting our requirements are invited to apply. O&L Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.