Group Aml Monitoring Officer
Capricorn Group Limited - windhoek, namibia
a month ago
Group AML Monitoring Officer
Listing reference: capgh_000148
Listing status: Online
Apply by: 12 March 2023
The Group AML Monitoring Officer is responsible to assist management to establish an effective and efficient AML/CFT/CPF Compliance Culture in the Group in line with national and international legislative frameworks. The Group AML Monitoring Officer should assist management to proactively identify, mitigate and report on AML/CFT/CPF risks to the Group Head Compliance and AML in a timely manner. The scope of the responsibility is focused on all the Capricorn Group entities.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Act as AML/CFT/CPF subject matter expert and manage the AML/CFT/CPF function within the Group.
- Monitor legal, statutory and regulatory compliance to the applicable AML/CFT/CPF group policies and regulation by all Capricorn Group AML regulated entities, including associated Non-profit organisations (NPOs).
- Promote a risk based effective compliance culture throughout the Group.
- Conduct and perform all duties under any Service Level Agreement concluded with Capricorn Group AML regulated entities, including associated Non-profit organisations (NPOs).
- Continuously look for ways to improve and develop systems and methods to ensure operational excellence and manageable risk.
- Oversee, monitor and report on the implementation of the relevant AML/CFT/CPF policies and procedures, including customer acceptance policies, procedures, record keeping, customer and enhanced due diligence by all Capricorn Group entities, including associated NPOs.
oDaily, weekly, monthly AML system monitoring of all Capricorn Group AML regulated entities, resulting in accurate and complete periodic reports, as requested.
oBring findings / deficiencies found and documented during health checks to the attention of your line manager and discuss such findings with Capricorn Group AML regulated entities, associated Non-profit organisations (NPOs) Heads: AML and remediation agree actions and track to conclusion.
- Assess all incidents for reporting for accuracy of information provided, and quality assurance prior to reporting to the Financial Intelligence Centre and / or other investigating authorities.
- Conduct Sanction Screening for NPOs and keep abreast of updated UNSC sanction lists.
- Establish and implement a consistent operating framework, policies and standrads for the identification, management, monitoring and reporting of ML/TF/PF and sanctions in the Group.
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with Capricorn Group AML regulated entities, associated Non-profit organisations (NPOs) to ensure support for AML/CFT/CPF frameworks.
- Assist/ensure that the yearly review of the risk assessment is performed.
- Monitor changes to business practices and products to ensure that ML/TF/PF, deterrence, prevention and detection procedures and controls are adequate to cover them.
- Review the annual risk assessment and updating of RAS.
- Assist/ensure that the yearly review of scenarios is performed.
- Keep abreast and monitor changes in typologies issued by AML organization both local and international and the applicable regulators (for eg. FATF, Egmont group, Wolfsberg group, FIC, Namfisa etc.) to inform the setting of scenarios to ensure that ML/TF/PF detection are adequately covered by scenarios.
- Create awareness group-wide for typologies not subject to scenarios.
- Review the annual scenario setting process within the AML system.
- Facilitate AML and Compliance framework self-assessment and attestations. (Bi-annual)
- Provide AML training group-wide on such topics as required.
- Draft articles and provide tools on general AML non-compliance matters for awareness.
- Define general AML training standards.
- Ensure that all analysts are aware of the AML/CFT/CPF measures, including policies, procedures, control mechanisms and the channel of reporting.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- In depth knowledge and understanding of Financial Intelligence Act, 13 of 2012 and its supporting legislation
- Advanced understanding of financial services and Banking will be an advantage.
Technical/ Business Skills
- Logic thinking /reasoning
- Leadership and management skills
- Organizational Skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, to clearly express the logically reasoned ideas.
- Analytical, well-informed and creative approach to problem-solving
- Ability to work independently and to the highest level of accuracy and accountability
- Time Management Skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Research skills
- Emotional maturity
- Self-starter and dedicated
- Relevant professional certification will be an advantage.
- Degree in Anti Money Laundering or related field will be distinct advantage.
- Certification in a professional association such as the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS) would be a distinct advantage.
- A certificate in AML Compliance Management monitoring would be a distinct advantage.