mariental abattoir - mariental, namibia
a month ago
Department : Deboning & Dispatch
Line Manager : Abraham Higoam
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To debone and sort meat according to classification groups and production plan requirements, in order to meet the demand of meat supply for processing and consumer use at Farmers Meat Market Abattoir.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT:
- Grade 12 Certificate.
12 year experience in the Deboner/Meat Cutter in a meat factory/butchery industry.
KEY JOB OUTPUTS:
- Inspect and prepare all relevant machinery and equipment before production commences.
- Cut and debone carcasses according to different meat cuts as per processing and consumer requirements timeously.
- Sort and store meat in correct classification groups.
- Monitor the meat quality and ensure that it is in line with required standards/specifications.
- Administer, pack and store meat in boxes as prescribe by procedures.
- Identify faults and report any quality issues to superior.
- Assist in movement of stock items during stock taking.
- Clean and sanitize machines, equipment, work areas and containers/mini cars/crates to kill bacteria in line with Food Safety requirements.
- Adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Hygiene Practices and Company cold chain regulations.
- Adhere to quality procedures - by applying cold chain, FIFO, ISO and HACCP at work station, coolers and freezes.
Due Date: 14 March 2023
O&L - a Great Place to Work.
Applicants meeting our requirements are invited to apply. O&L Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition ID: 2982