Capricorn Group Limited - windhoek, namibia
a month ago
Listing reference: capgh_000149
Listing status: Online
Apply by: 7 March 2023
The Application Administrator role will be responsible for providing technical support of all the IT Process Automation platform applications. The role will be executing all aspects of the operating procedures / runbooks. This role is expected to work closely with the required Agile Development Teams, external vendors, other Capricorn Group IT platforms and our internal business clients to resolve and escalate technical support incidents where necessary. This role is also responsible for performing required testing for all operational epics and upgrades as well as ensuring Quality Assurance testing is performed for all change epics. The role of the Application Administrator is to provide support to business users by assisting in the resolution of queries timeously and enabling business users to better carry out their duties. The Application Administrator will also investigate and resolve application errors and propose modifications and enhancements to existing applications to improve functionality or address any issues that arise. The scope of the role also includes gathering and management of test data, ensuring that defects and issues are tracked and resolved and evaluating the outcome of test cycles with a view to improving the test process. The Application Administrator is responsible for ensuring that all relevant documentation is updated and maintained. This is a Capricorn Group role with CIG entity responsibility.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS (KPAs)
The Application Administrator duties includes the following:
Daily Operational Support and Management
- Support all IT Platform applications by providing monitoring, application, and system support for all development, staging, training and production application services environments
- Implementation of efficiencies and improvements to standard processes and procedures such as automation through scripting, programming, etc.
- Client support team engagement to assist with application related incidents, client testing and integrations
- Collaborate with the development and infrastructure teams to improve and support software features through agile, continuous integration and continuous delivery/deployment (CI/CD) processes
- Work with respective SMEs on maintaining health, monitoring, alerting, and reporting tools
- Support disaster recovery test planning and execution - application environment review, shutdown, start, verification and solving any application related problems
- Support management of resources that are involved in maintaining the host operating systems on Windows and VMware/Hyper-V servers as well as software subsystems such as databases, web server software, LDAP, and security subsystems
- Resolve queries logged by business users in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure queries are logged, tracked, and managed via the correct channels
- Ensure all IT Platform related application logs are reviewed daily and any errors in logs tracked, resolved, and signed off
- Aligns risk and control processes into day-to-day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
- Lead by example through demonstration of high performance in the areas of customer service, collaboration, teamwork, reliability, efficiency, and execution
- Strong customer service skills and an ability to interact at all levels of the organization (customers, technical teams, and Executives)
- Ensure performance, availability, uptime, and critical components are reported (where required)
- Ensure all IT Platform related applications are on the latest application software version
- Provide 24x7 support for event monitoring, incident triage and escalation on a rotational basis
- Standby and after-hour support as required
- Access administration for application access to production application services
- Ensure that user management (inactive users, terminations, etc.) is performed within stipulated timeframes
3 rd Party Vendor Engagement
- Log calls with 3rd party vendors for bugs and defects identified
- Follow up 3rd party vendor calls to ensure resolution
- Ensure that solutions provided by 3rd party vendors are tested before being deployed
- Follow up and management to ensure various software releases are successfully deployed in production
- Testing, Documentation, Production Support and Change Control
- Ensure application documentation is in place and updated (includes diagrams, configuration, application standards, high-performance and availability configuration etc.)
- Document all production applications and resolve all application issues and answer all requests
- Monitor all performance metrics for various production systems and identify root cause for all technical issues and recommend solutions
- Maintain knowledge on all hardware and operating system and update security associate technology
- Ensure changes are logged and executed as planned
- Ensure test cases are designed and aligned based on set requirements for Change Control Committee
- Build and maintain test suites including full regression testing for both manual and automated testing for relevant applications/software support
- Administer and implement all new systems and ensure transition of plans to production
- Maintain schedule jobs and perform troubleshoot on processes and resolve all issues
- Analyze all applications and recommend necessary upgrades and patches and perform troubleshoot on all issues
Agile Team Responsibilities
- Create and maintain the continuous delivery pipeline toolchain, including continuous integration, automated builds, automated build verification testing, and automated deployment
- Create platforms and environments (which may be cloud-based) for development, solution demos, and user acceptance testing
- Facilitate the technical aspects of collaboration with third parties, such as data or 3 rd Party vendors and hosting facilities
- Participate in PI Planning and the Pre- and Post-PI Planning events and in backlog refinement to define integration and test backlog items
- Determine and help maintain decisions and policies for version management
- Run solution-level build and integration scripts or manually integrate where automation does not yet exist
- Attend other teams stand-ups to support daily activities
- Collaborate with Agile teams on a shared vision to implement DevOps and the continuous delivery pipeline.
- Excellent persuasion and negotiation skills
- Relating and networking skills with ability to interact and influence at all levels
- Good project management skills
- Ability to establish and maintain co-operative working relations
- Analytical skills
- Conceptual reasoning ability
- Conflict handling ability
- Decision making skills
- Detailed practical problem-solving ability
- Strong technical aptitude with good organizational, analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with multiple priorities and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, complex, global, and dynamic environment.
- Ability to work proactively and collaboratively as part of a team on a large project.
- Ability to pay attention to details and to follow through on commitments.
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Microsoft SQL certification will be an added advantage
- SAFe for Teams certification will be an added advantage
Experience/Knowledge & Skills
- At least 7-8 years of IT experience
- Any development experience will be an added advantage
- Experience in support in a IT banking environment an added advantage
- AzureDevOps experience an added advantage
- Exposure to various IT Support and Development methodologies
- Knowledge specific to the business, e.g. banking products, banking rules and legislation, digital channels, payment methods, etc.
- Knowledge specific to core business systems, i.e. Phoenix, Postilion, Postilion Office, PostCard, iBank/EPaC, OpenText AppWorks, OpenText ECM, an added advantage
- Knowledge of Business Process Management (BPM) software and tools an added advantage
- Knowledge of databases and SQL scripting
- Interest in keeping abreast of current trends in software development and testing, especially as they relate to the technologies being used.
- Understanding of common software failures and faults and the resolution of these
- Understanding of the software development life cycle and basic software terminology
- Experience in documenting test scripts, test cases and test data.