security officer team b
Debmarine Namibia - windhoek, namibia
a month ago
IN THE ROLE AS SECURITY OFFICER: MARINE YOU WILL BE REQUIRED AMONGST OTHERS TO:
- Physically monitor the diamond recovery processes in the plants and to proactively detect vulnerabilities, possible indicators of theft and inefficiencies in the operational and security practices.
- Provides access control for authorised personnel into high risk areas.
- Monitors movement and behaviour of personnel within high-risk areas for suspicious or irregular behaviour.
- Accurately captures and reports data in respect of vessel-based entries for subsequent analysis.
- Reports on non-compliance to safety and security operating procedures and sub- standard practices.
- Monitors and report the condition and status of security systems equipment and availability.
- Carry out visual inspections during patrols on the condition and functionality of security control measures, such as doors, security seals, and surveillance cameras etc.
- Physical presence during operations in the blue area during a blockage, spillage or maintenance, ensuring compliance to procedures.
THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES ARE KEY TO THIS POSITION:
- Strong communication skills at all levels in the Company.
- Knowledge / experience in conducting tasks of investigating nature.
- inquisitive nature and excellent judgement skills.
- Sound analytical mind & problem-solving approach.
DO YOU MEET THE FOLLOWING EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS?
- Grade 12 with successful completion of first-year of accredited Security/Police Management National Diploma qualification.
- 3 years corporate security experience (professional security services in well-established set up), e.g. including CCTV, Access Control and Asset Protection.
- Experience working in the Security Section in Namibia GOC (NDTC, NAMDEB, DBMN) will be added advantage.
Interested candidates should please submit a comprehensive CV with proof of qualifications and experience by following the application and registration process.
Preference will be given to Namibian citizens and designated persons as prescribed by the Namibian Affirmative Action Act.
Women are encouraged to apply.
For queries, please contact Fredrika Hartzenberg on Tel: +264 61 2978000
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and shall be subjected to further assessment and screening.
CLOSING DATE: 03 MARCH 2023