Offshore Radio Operator
Africa Personnel Services - luderitz, namibia
a month ago
Offshore drilling platforms can be extremely busy, complex workplaces with significant communications coordination. Offshore Radio Operators typically work in a radio room, recording and sending messages to coordinate everything from incoming helicopter flights to dispatching personnel, from broadcasting weather reports to responding to emergencies. Radio operators are responsible for basic maintaining and repairing radio and other communication equipment as necessary.
- Receiving and transmitting radio communications in accordance with applicable international regulations.
- Continually updating lifeboat list as personnel movements take place on the platform.
- Maintaining computer and manual records of personnel, cargo, vehicle activities etc. and generating reports.
- Receiving and responding to requests for emergency assistance.
CLOSING DATE: 15 March 2023
- Grade 12
- Offshore safety courses
- BOSIET certification with OPITO approval
- HUET - Helicopter Underwater Escape Training
- CRAN certification
- Valid Passport - not less than a year
- Covid 19 Vaccination Card
- OGUK medical certificate