Resort Manager- Aussenkehr
Africa Personnel Services - aus, namibia
a month ago
Our client is seeking an experienced Resort Manager. The focus of this resort manager position is the management of the day-to-day operations of the resort to meet the specified standards, objectives, and policies of the resort.
Principle tasks and duties
- It is the duty of the resort manager to install a strong marketing profile including active approaches to the tourism industry to boost visitor numbers.
- The income and expenses should be monitored, and the Annual Budget should be used as a guideline to manage the resort.
- The resort Manager must manage the resort on a day-to-day basis and ensure that tasks are implemented on time and according to the budget and required scope and quality.
- The resort Manager will have to manage all the assets to their full potential to ensure a good income.
- Ensure quality standards for infrastructure and technical maintenance of the resort.
- All the lodge policies and laws of the country should be monitored and enforced by the resort Manager in alignment with Human resources and Tourism gradings.
- The resort Manager will have to develop a long- and short-term operational plan, to ensure the resort's sustainability as a tourism attraction.
- It is also the duty of the resort manager to do a selection of qualified staff.
- The resort manager needs to provide status updates to the General Manager of the resort including immediate escalation of key issues where necessary.
Roles and Responsibilities
The resort manager will be responsible to manage employees in the resort.
- The resort manager will carry supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws.
- It is the resort Managers responsibility to maintain a good working relationship with the other companies.
- The manager will have to involve the financial department in the bookkeeping of the resort.
- It will be the duty of the resort Manager to manage the business, using the following skills: Planning, organizing, implementing, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting.
- Invoicing clients, stock take, and promoting resort and customer satisfaction will be part of the resort Managers responsibilities.
- Other roles and responsibilities might be assigned from time to time
- Grade 12
- Relevant Tertiary Education
- At least 5 years of proven experience in resort/lodge management.
- Proficient in MS Office
- First Aid Certificate would be of advantagesAttention to detail, excellent organizational skills, good communication skills, and outstanding hosting skills are essential to this position
- Strong ethics and reliability
- An additional language such as German, French, etc would be a plus
- The position requires long and flexible working hours
- Must have a drivers license with PDP
- Namibian Citizen or Permanent Resident would be highly advantageous
To apply, you MUST meet the necessary requirements and MUST be willing to relocate to Aussenkehr, the resort is 50 km from Sonop. Closing Date: 23 February 2023