manager | assurance services
deloitte - windhoek, namibia
a month ago
About the job:
- Lead the way in reimagining how Finance functions are delivered by joining one of the fastest growing Business Units in Deloitte
- Focus on Controllership outcomes specializing in improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the financial close process
- Build deep relationships with CFOs, Financial Controllers and other Finance leaders while bringing a Deloitte point of view
- Flexible work arrangements work in a way that suits you best
- Benefit from global mentoring and development opportunities, to make an impact across Africa.
Our diverse and inclusive Assurance Services team is growing rapidly to meet increasing client demand in solving challenges in the Finance function. We need you to help us make an impact that matters.
Qualifications & experience required
- 2 years post articles experience
- Understanding of finance business processes (as-is, gap analysis, documentation, flowcharts)
- Internal controls design and testing to address risks identified within a process
- Experience in finance functions optimisation / improvements with ERP and reporting packages / systems (SAP, Oracle, SAGE, Hyperion, etc) experience.
- Understanding of the chart of accounts structure and design of month-end balance sheet reconciliation process
- Experience with advanced Excel macros, etc
Living our Purpose - Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
Talent development - Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
Performance drive - Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
Influence - Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
Strategic direction - Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
- Understanding of the audit and advisory businesses, and their interaction with wider firm locally and globally, strategy and challenges
- Notable experience on providing Strategic Insights to Partners
- Project management experience
- Excellent industry and business knowledge
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to interpret, communicate and implement strategy
- Demonstrated execution of complex projects within timeframes and cost
At Deloitte, we want everyone to feel they can be themselves and to thrive at workin every country, in everything we do, every day.We aim to create a workplace where everyone is treated fairly and with respect, including reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. Weseek to create and leverage our diverse workforce to build an inclusive environment across the African continent.