Capricorn Group Limited - windhoek, namibia
a year ago
Listing reference: capgh_000146
Listing status: Online
Apply by: 24 February 2023
To provide an efficient and responsive administrative, organizational, and logistical service to the Group Executive as well as the Human Capital team, manage and coordinate associated activities within the Human Capital and Citizenship function. Responsible for providing full office management services to the Group Executive including diary management, travel arrangements and logistical support.
This position will be of key importance within the organization and the successful candidate must have previous secretarial and administrative experience within a fast-paced environment. The incumbent should be able to demonstrate the ability to effectively plan and organize workload and have the initiative to resolve issues quickly in an appropriate manner. Proactively contributing to the management of the Group Executives time and supporting the team in their efforts to reach their targets and deliver on their strategic goals.
1. Diary Management and Meeting set-up
- Maintaining a complete and up-to-date computer diary system for the Group Executive
- Managing the availability of Group Executive for key meetings and staff sessions.
- Schedule, reschedule, and/or cancel appointments (internal and external), conference calls and confirms meetings.
- Appointment reminders (for 1 2 days ahead).
- Take account of venue, travel, and meeting intervals.
- Anticipate requirements in the diary for preparation work and tasks other than meetings.
- Filter emails, highlight urgent correspondence, and print attachments.
- Organize inbound emails into the appropriate folders and any relevant information to be copied into the correct file on the hard drive.
- Respond to emails as much as possible, dealing with appointments.
- Ensure busy diary commitments, papers and travel arrangements are managed effectively including producing a daily folder with diary, necessary papers etc. and troubleshooting problems.
- Conduct weekly diary meetings with the team to discuss upcoming engagements, invitations and other requests.
- Schedule on behalf of the Group Executive meetings between her and the team and the committees and groups to which she is a member.
- Filter general information, queries, phone calls and invitations to the Group Executive by redirecting or taking forward such contact as appropriate.
- Ensure the Group Executive is fully briefed on, or prepared for, any engagements she is involved in. Keep and maintain an accurate record of papers and electronic correspondence on behalf of the Group Executive
- Prepare correspondence on behalf of the Group Executive, including the drafting of general replies.
- Minute general meetings as required and complete research on behalf of the Group Executive
- Keep and retrieve files.
- Ensure guests meeting with the team are well taken care of.
2. Customer service
- Manage customer complaints coming into the Group Executives office logging all customer contact including customer complaints, seeking solutions, responding to complaints on behalf of the Group Executive and ensuring complaints are responded to within target times.
- Dealing with difficult, and complex needs and ensuring the issues are addressed
3. Preparation for meetings
- Prepare agenda and meeting documentation for meetings.
- Prepare reference material for meetings.
- Organize required catering and facilities in meeting rooms.
- Arrange technical support and equipment for meetings (incl. liaising with IT to set up the equipment).
- Organize and prepare venues for meetings.
4. Productive working relations
- Establish positive and productive working relations with Group Executiveand her related teams.
- Establish positive and productive working relations with other professional assistants in the company and outside.
- Establish positive and productive working relations with all internal/external stakeholders.
- Understand the key corporate decisions, strategies and policies in order to understand and fully support the Group Executives priorities.
- Act as the key contact point with entity HR Heads in respect of HR issues
- Ability to work closely with colleagues to ensure the provision of a seamless service, jointly planning and sharing workload and supporting other team members to ensure the needs of customers of the service are fully met.
5. Telephone Management
- Answering telephones promptly and assisting callers in a friendly manner.
- Taking messages and channeling them to relevant individuals.
- Maintaining client and team contact lists.
- Completing vendor applications forms.
- Submitting invoices to Finance Department for payment.
- Following up vendor payments.
- Keeping records of all payments made.
7. Research and presentations
- All work is carried out with quality, high standard and timeliness, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Use initiative to support the team through research and providing first draft of letters, communications materials, presentations etc. Producing good quality presentations including Powerpoint and written briefings.
- Perform research and prepare briefing papers / reports
- To research, prepare and collate information for time critical reports, presentations, spreadsheets, correspondence and graphics
8. Financial Responsibility:
- Forecasting, monitoring and processing invoices, payments and expenses.
- Monitoring, managing and ordering all stationary requirements.
- Monitoring and Managing the office stationary budget to ensure it is kept within budget.
- Monitoring, managing and ordering all refreshments for the meeting rooms.
- Coordinating and processing expense claims on behalf of the team
- Undertaking small level cost negotiations.
9. Travel Arrangements
- Liaising with travel agents for flight bookings, accommodation and car hire, and other necessary travel requirements.
- Completing the relevant requisition forms, approvals, authorizations, and follow/chase approvals through the system.
- Ordering of Forex when necessary.
- Liaising with travel agents, hotels, etc.
- Collecting tickets, travel documentation, forex and ensuring that these are provided to the travelers timeously.
- Ensuring the above is undertaken is the most value for money way.
10. Typing and filing
- Typing and formatting reports, engagement letters and proposals, saving them in client folders.
- Taking and distributing minutes.
- Assisting in preparations of PowerPoint presentations, Excel spreadsheets and Word documents.
- Filing and maintaining a proper filing system (manually and/or electronically).
- Manage filing on a daily basis.
- Retrieve relevant information from filing systems (proactively before meetings and on request).
- Design and maintain the filing systems and ensure filing systems are maintained and up to date
- Consolidation of reports for multiple meetings, this includes interpretation of information, compiling of the report as well as ensuring that enhancements are added eg graphs etc.
Core Competencies & Attributes:
- Working with People
- Adhering to principles & values
- Planning and Organising
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- At least 5 years experience as Executive PA or Office Manager
- Extensive experience in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Computer literate
- Grade 12
- Relevant Degree will be an advantage
- Code B drivers license