governance, risk & compliance specialist
Debmarine Namibia - windhoek, namibia
3 months ago
IN YOUR ROLE AS GOVERNANCE, RISK AND COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST YOU WILL BE REQUIRED AMONGST OTHERS TO:
- Implements and embeds as a key and sustainable process the Group Risk Management Strategy and Plan at Debmarine Namibia to ensure a greater probability of achieving the companys objectives.
- Manages, coordinates, and influences the companys risk management process to ensure that the process develops and matures as specified in the Group.
- Reviews departmental and align departmental risk logs to the overall company risk log.
- Ensures that all relevant company policies and procedures are in place and approved by the respective accountable individuals and committees.
- Complies with the risk champion duties and responsibilities as specified by the De Beers Group Risk Management Department.
- Reviews relevant policies, procedures and processes to ensure that Debmarine Namibia complies with all DB Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR) compliance requirements.
- Manages the end-to-end attestation process and ensures that key Debmarine Namibia controls that impacts the DBs financial processes are attested to accordingly by the relevant control owners.
- Interprets gaps to best-practice financial reporting controls, understand impact, root cause and implements corrective action need to bring about improvement.
- Reviews relevant policies, procedures and processes to ensure that financial reporting process controls and Risk and Control Matrix (RACM) are adequately documented and maintained.
- Ensures that all new financial reporting risks and/or controls are identified and included in the RACMs i.e., RACM change management.
- Manages and conducts regular updates and/or training on Best Practice Risk Management Principles, Business Integrity, Anti-Trust, Anti-Money Laundering and related Compliance Policies.
- Ensures that the annual Code of Conduct Compliance programme is embedded and maintained within the business.
- Develops a clear and aligned work plan with any contributing stakeholders to drive delivery of objectives.
- Assists in the effective administration of the companys insurance activities of the company.
- Assists in the development, maintaining and/or implementing of the overall company business continuity and disaster recovery strategies and solutions.
DO YOU MEET THE FOLLOWING EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS?
- B.Com. Degree or Degree in Law, Risk Management or related field
- Being a registered Chartered Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) will be an added advantage
- Six (6) years experience of which three (3) years was in a supervisory role
THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES ARE KEY TO THIS POSITION:
- Deciding and Initiating action
- Learning and Researching
- Handle confidential matters
- Planning and organising skills
- Liaison and interpersonal skills at all levels
Interested parties should please submit a comprehensive CV with proof of qualifications and experience by following the application and registration process via theCompany website: www.debmarinenamibia.com
Preference will be given to Namibian citizens and designated persons as prescribed by the Namibian Affirmative Action Act.
WOMEN AND PEOPLE WITH DISABIITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
For queries, please contact Tel: +264 612978000
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and shall be subjected to further assessment and screening.
This section is only applicable to internal applicants: All applications from the De Beers Group of Companies should be forwarded to the respective line HOD before being submitted.
CLOSING DATE: 03 MARCH 2023