kraatz marine pty ltd - namibia
a year ago
Department : KM Luderitz
Line Manager : Wendy Mae Von Schweinitz
Purpose of Position:
To safely and accurately execute welding procedures of different types of metals to the highest level of workmanship and quality in order to satisfy the needs and requirements of our company.
Grade 12, National Trade Certificate in Welding/Metal Fabrication.
3 years relevant experience in a fabrication environment.
- Accurately plan and organize task execution in terms of standard operating procedures
- Accurately plan and organize task execution in terms of standard operating procedures and in accordance with drawing specification, company specifications and supervisors instructions.
- Ensure correct weld preparation as per drawing and weld procedure specification is done.
- Comprehension of weld procedures & Symbols.
- Understand and Interpret Codes and Standards.
- Welding Equipment Operation & Maintenance.
- Tacking Material for Welding.
- Adjusts amperage for the welding position and plate thickness.
- Cleans tack welds and deposits root run.
- Removes tack welds as welding progresses, cleans root run and examines for cracking or wagon tracks.
- Re-adjusts amperage for larger diameter electrodes.
- Deposits filler run, concentrating on metal and slag control to ensure a defect free weld with good side wall fusion.
- Checks whether there is any slag entrapped in the weld.
- Deposits sealing run, cleans final weld of all spatter and flux and checks for defects.
- Inspect welds for accuracy.
- Make sure all care is taken in prevention of distortion during welding.
- Understanding radius corners weld intersections. (M&O Specific)
- Basic cutting and perform all grinding.
- Basic flange fitting and alignment.
- Oxy acetylene cutting
- Purging pipelines.
- Rectification of Weld Defects.
- Dpi Testing.
- Weld Sequencing/Backstep.
Personal credibility / Ethics
Learning ability/continuous learning
Problem solving skills
O&L - a Great Place to Work.
Applicants meeting our requirements are invited to apply. O&L Group of Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.