manager / senior manager| audit & assurance
deloitte - windhoek, namibia
15 days ago
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where youll find unrivaled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
Main Purpose of Job
To support service / business area leadership in the implementation of strategic plan through the effective management of team/s.
Key Performance Criteria
- Management and control of administration in relation to client portfolio and, including management of resources, project budgets, costs billing and collections from clients
Build and maintain extensive client interaction and relationships with the view to develop an ongoing clients base in all sectors
Identify winning business opportunities at clients and potential client
- Be an active member of the winning business team and develop an ongoing work funnel for the service lines, achieve the winning business, marketing targets set.
- Provide services including and not limited to financial management, accounting, financial modelling, business performance management, valuationsand problem resolution
- Management of financial processes, policies and procedures
- Developmentand performance management of team (including counselling and feedback)
- Office Supervision and overall audit management
- Risk Management
- Firm wide involvement to ensure maximising human capital capacity
- Strategy and innovation
- General management responsibilities as required
Qualifications & experience required
- CA (Nam) or ACCA
- 3-5 years post articles experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Deloitte audit methodology and engagement management systems (EMS) would be advantageous
- Strong financial accounting/management experience
- Excellent business knowledge
- Ability to see the bigger picture see how Deloitte and the Business Unit service lines can be used by client
- Identify opportunities for business
- Well-developed computer skills
- Up-to-date knowledge with current practice legislation
- Experience in other services would be an added advantage
- Running audits, experience with group audits would be a distinct advantage
Behavioural Competencies required
- Up-to-date knowledge with current practice and legislation.
- Knowledge re global financial news, global business related trends, and ability to apply this knowledge to client situations.
- Business acumen and insight to be an effective business advisor to clients.
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to inspire and enthuse others to commitment and involvement.
- Demonstrates a readiness to take decisions.
- Creates a climate of positivity.
- On the job coaching for managers and audit staff. To ensure that managerial skills are learned by managers in a safe environment, from persons who essentially have the same job description as themselves.
- Contributes to and understands the internal processes within the Assurance group.
- Team player
- Contributes to and understands the internal processes within the Assurance group
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Supervisory and time management
- Ability to problem solve
- Project/ engagement management skills
- Ability to handle pressure
Professional Business Acumen
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities
- Living our Purpose - Fosters broad commitment to our purpose and values; inspires peers and teams to make an impact that matters
- Competitive Edge - Anticipates market and competitor trends to develop and deliver bold and innovative solutions that differentiate Deloitte with clients
- Influence - Builds long-term, trust-based relationships with senior stakeholders and influencers, and uses highly developed influencing skills to drive impact, often in complex situations
- Performance drive - Builds a high performance culture by cultivating individual and team strengths; drives outstanding client service, often through large cross-business and/or cross-border teams
- Strategic direction - Sets & communicates strategic direction, excites people around the vision and goals and aligns diverse, cross-functional and cross-border teams to achieve success
- Talent development - Manages the development of a strong pipeline of talent for current/ future success; owns and drives a talent experience that differentiates Deloitte
Inspirational Leadership - Leads from the front, acting as an exemplary role model for leaders at all levels; promotes a strong sense of loyalty and followership and energizes others to act