tax manager/ senior manager | tax
deloitte - windhoek, namibia
15 days ago
About the team:
The Tax Business Unit of Deloitte is looking for a talented Namibian candidate to join them as aManager. The tax environment is complex and dynamic, which makes accurate and reliable professional advice on tax matters imperative. Our clients can rely on us to meet this need and in a proactive manner.
Main Purpose of Job:
The overall aim is in delivery of services to / at client premises on delegated engagements / projects.
You will need to understand local/country-specific tax laws and regulations to determine their implications on clients; stay abreast of proposed legislation and evaluates proposed legislation; review proposed and existing client policies to confirm their alignment with current and proposed tax legislation; analyze and reviews data and uses teams analysis to spot inconsistencies, discrepancies, and omissions in data and identify risks and issues and proposes solutions.
Key Performance Areas:
As a Manageryou will be required to meet client commitments by:
- Managing and consulting to a portfolio of medium to large corporate clients which entails:
- Effectively organizing and presenting complex issues, results, and recommendations to project team and clients;
- Assisting clients to complete timely and accurate tax and financial filings;
- Understanding and interpreting applicable tax accounting standards;
- Planning audit and incorporating processes that enable identifying risks and developing audit procedures to address those identified risks;
- Designing, proposing, and working with clients to implement tax strategies that are consistent with clients strategic goals
- Winning business and growing the client base.
- Cross-selling Deloitte services (Tax and other Deloitte services).
- Extensive client liaison and engagement with related stakeholders (Ministry of Finance/Inland Revenue/Customs & Excise, etc.).
- Managing and developing our people.
- Managing and/or contributing to overall Deloitte office roles and functions.
- BComm (Acc); BComm (LLB); CA or other relevant degree,
- 4 5 years tax consulting experience;
- Postgraduate qualification in Taxation (M Com) will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills;
- Good mentorship and coaching ability with desire to develop self and others;
- Strong client delivery focus;
- Adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease;
- Focus on quality and risk; and
- Sound problem solving ability.
Candidateshould be fluent in English and have a valid drivers license. We are committed to establishing an environment of continuous learning and enriching career opportunities. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.