Control Room Operator
Jabu - lusaka, zambia
16 days ago
JABU is a B2B e-commerce & distribution marketplace, offering tech-enabled, route-to-market development & merchandising for FMCG brands in undeveloped areas while helping unbanked businesses grow through efficient delivery, an affordable product basket, inventory management and credit facilities.
Control Room Operator : You will be reporting to the City Manager
- Ensure that cameras and surveillance systems in all our branches are installed and operating adequately.
- Monitor the operations at the warehouse as well as ensure that all surveillance and GPS systems are properly working.
- Review and provide video images for investigative purposes.
- Sit in front of screens, constantly monitoring the live pictures that come in from the surveillance cameras and the location of vehicles through our GPS systems.
- Randomly and when necessary, analyze the footage from the cameras installed in the vehicles.
- Monitor anyone acting suspiciously, and alert the security staff/ police if you see an act of theft, vandalism, or any other crime.
- Monitor all warehouse activities, including the cleaning staff and pickers.
- Keeping a log of all incidents and passing it to management, security staff, and the police (when necessary).
- You may be called to give evidence in court as a witness.
- Ensure work is undertaken in compliance with the operating procedures, current legislation, and the company codes of practice.
- Randomly perform breathalyzer tests on the staff.
- Ensure the accurate recording of all events and actions monitored from within the control room, including the maintenance of daily logs.
- Perform other related work as required.
Requirements / Skills:
- Relevant/Related diploma qualification within Safety and Security
- 2 years experience in security relevant fields.
- Ability to plan, schedule, and undertake work safely, independently, and professionally.
- Punctual, reliable, and detail-oriented.
- Must be in good physical condition to perform duties assigned.
- Thorough knowledge of surveillance system practices, techniques, and equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of maps and/or GIS Information.
- Possess the ability to read and interpret maps, plans, and specifications, and compare them with various aspects of progress, to detect errors.
- Must be able to operate a computer and computer software related to word processing and spreadsheets.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and in difficult situations.
- Speak and write clearly and accurately; Multi-task and ability to communicate problems
- Effective listening skills and Attention to detail
- Must be highly vigilant