Resort Head Chef
Africa Personnel Services - karas region, namibia
2 months ago
We are seeking an experienced Head Chef on behalf of our client. The Head Chef will oversee the daily operation of the kitchen while maintaining quality food products and services for the resort's Restaurant, Bar Outlets, in-Room Dining outlets & Canteen. The Head Chef will be required to conduct their duties in a courteous, safe, and efficient manner, in accordance with the resort's policies and procedures, ensuring that a high level of service is maintained.
- Manage menu preparation and pricing in line with the stated F&B objectives of the hotel.
- Maintain sensitivity to local cultural traditions and adhere to religious beliefs in preparation and services of all food on-premises.
- Manage the preparation and presentation of food products to always ensure quality.
- Monitor and check guest satisfaction.
- Implement procedures to minimize wastage and over-production.
- Ensure standards of presentation and preparation of food items meet hotel & brand standards.
- Maintain the highest standards of Food Hygiene and adherence to all Health and Safety standards.
- Check and ensure the proper storage of raw and processed food items, including the food condition in freezers.
Profit and Loss
- Assist in the daily maintenance of food services and sales to achieve optimal levels of revenues while maintaining high levels of guest expectations.
- Assist in working with accounting to maintain and maximize levels of departmental profit and minimize waste of the cost of sales.
- Assist with the management of the Kitchen Operation. Activities center on the identification of strengths and weaknesses, and the development of plans and strategies to ensure business development.
- Assist with sales to guests, in conjunction with F&B Services, through the Restaurant, In-Room Dining Outlets of the lodge, and any actions taken by the incumbent that can impact the volume of business.
- Assist with efforts, decisions made, and revenue generated by food sales.
- Assist with controls over the elements that determine profit and loss.
- Assist with managing operating expenses that have the capacity to set margins and manage the business against profit projections.
- Make a decision that relates to profit and loss.
- Assist with the financial management of the operating department.
- Ensure all guests are being treated in an efficient and courteous manner through positive transactions between Kitchen and F&B Service associates, and that hotel standards are being applied.
- Resolve customer complaints as appropriate to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality.
- Ensure all kitchen quality standards are complied with and that policies and procedures are consistently applied.
- Coordinate activities with other lodge departments to facilitate increased levels of communication and guest satisfaction.
- Assist with enhancing the product and service that is presented to the guest.
- Able to assist with making changes that respond to the marketplace and to guest needs, both present and anticipated.
- Recommend changes to the product and services. Use market research to develop new products and services.
- Direct and train all kitchen associates.
- Assist in new hires and ongoing training.
- Assist in the timely completion of performance appraisals.
- Give direction and assist with the implementation of plans.
- Able to assist and exercise hire and fire discretion within hotel policies.
- Operate the department within the hotels policies as they are related to the ethical codes, standards of good business practice, and local laws and regulations.
- Responsible for maintaining the quality of the product and ensuring consistency in delivery and standards.
- Work in support of team goals and measure effectiveness by the quality of decision-making at the senior level as well as through the profit and service performance at the individual unit level.
- Supervise the activities and the service levels of the kitchen operation.
- Ensure correct food handling & hygiene practices are always executed by kitchen associates.
- We are conducting periodic departmental meetings.
- Develop incentive programs for associates.
- Present innovative ideas to the Manager.
Training and Development
- Assist with the training and development of associates with an eye toward maximum associates satisfaction, productivity, and guest satisfaction.
- Assist with the selection, training, and development of the associates within the department.
- Be well-versed and knowledgeable of the hotels Fire and Evacuation procedures and health and safety requirements in the Workplace. Ensure employees are aware of their duty of care as determined by legislation and that they maintain complete familiarity.
- Uphold Hotels' company culture by always demonstrating hotel standards to guests and fellow associates.
- Personally ensure compliance with all relevant Workplace Health & Safety, Occupational Health & Safety legislation, and related hotel policies.
- High school, diploma in Hotel Management, Bachelors Degree preferred (Certificate in Western Cuisine Cooking, Culinary Arts certificate).
- Minimum (5) five to (7) seven years experience in Kitchen Operations, including at least (2) two years as Head Chef or Executive Sous Chef with supervisory experience in a quality-rated Hotel / Resort, required.
- A valid drivers License will be an added advantage.
- MUST be willing to relocate.
- Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Extensive knowledge of the hotel, its services, and its facilities.
To apply, you MUST meet the necessary requirements and MUST be willing to relocate to Aussenkehr, the resort is 50 km from Sonop.
Closing Date: 31 October 2022