Project Technical Assistant (Usaid)
Deloitte - windhoek, namibia
a year ago
Deloitte is a leading provider of world-class professional services dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Deloitte Southern Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the African region, and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Namibia and within the Southern Africa market.
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte we have a clear purpose, to make an impact that matters to our clients, our colleagues and our communities. From professional development to leadership opportunities and career advancement, we empower our people to be their very best - because thats how you make an impact.
Main Purpose of Job
To provide a high level of Technical, Coordination, Secretariat and organizational support to the Directorate and Project Coordinator within the Ministry of Sport, Youth and National Service for the success of the Project.
- Together with the Project Coordinator conduct field visits.
- Facilitate the logistics and coordinating content development for meetings, conferences, trainings, and other project-related events and perform all Secretarial function.
- Communication with project partners and stakeholders for project activities, to optimize access and to ensure timely organization and facilitation of activities relating to project implementation.
- Design and develops database to support project activities.
- Follow up with the Youth Officers for progress report, submission of reports and recent data on target group and other information material.
- Assist the Project coordinator to compile monthly progress reports and submit to the office of the Director.
- Assist in arranging programs for making appointments with project stakeholders, including logistical arrangements and secretarial assistance.
- Assists in the planning and implementation with preparation of different milestones.
- Assist in coordination and monitoring of project activities (work plan and indicators) and budgets execution.
- Facilitate the procurement of materials, goods and equipment according to the projects needs and the corresponding administrative and/or forwarding procedures.
- Perform any other activities deemed as necessary within the framework of the Project as assigned by the Director or as delegated by the Project Coordinator.
- Program management experience (minimum of two years), including planning and coordinating execution of activities, financial management responsibilities, monitoring and evaluation tasks, putting together reports (using Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and presenting results and findings to clients
- Experience with training program development and facilitation
- Experience managing USAID projects, understanding of USAID regulations and reporting requirements, and familiarity with G2G agreements
- Well-developed communications skills and ability to collaborate effectively across teams
- Experience working with youth programs, including but not limited to Comprehensive Sexuality Education (CSE), Sexual and Gender-Based Violence (SGBV), economic empowerment, financial literacy, youth and child welfare is preferred
- Experience with other bilateral and multilateral development partners programming is preferred
- Degree in applicable field, such as health, business management, education
- Masters degree in applicable field is preferred
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
We are committed to establishing and empowering the firm by creating an environment of continuous learning and enriching career opportunities.
- Candidates should have a valid drivers license.
- People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.