Specialist: Business Turnaround
Bank Windhoek - windhoek, namibia
a month ago
The aim of the position is ensure maximizing the likelihood of the clients to continue in existence solvent basis and ensuring continued profitability for and, minimize loss to the Bank.
Key Performance Areas (KPAs)
1. SERVICE AND CONSULTING
- Rendering of service to the clients and acting as advisory body related to clients in the assigned portfolio, which includes conducts client visits.
- Provide guidance to Business, Credit Managers and Clients with respect of clients in financial distress and to rehabilitation of clients.
2. MANAGEMENT OF PORTFOLIO AND AFTERCARE
- Responsible for effective and efficient management portfolio of high-risk clients in financial distress on an ongoing basis and after care with respect of the Business Turnaround portfolio
- In the event that the financial distress client is unavoidable for legal actions, assessing accounts to ensure that all options are being addressed to limit losses for the bank to the minimum before accounts are transferred to legal collections department with all various stakeholders.
4. MANAGEMENT OF REPORTS
- Action daily, weekly, monthly, yearly and ad-hoc reports, as identified.
5. ROUTINE ADMINISTRATION
- Ensure effective management and control of all routine administrative activities related to legal collection in the branch in compliance with the Banks policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Ensure effective and efficient management and submission of admin related reports to relevant stakeholders.
6. COMPLIANCE, RISK AND SUPPORT
- Effective and efficient management and administration of internal processes and procedures in order to ensure compliance with the Banks risk framework to minimize risk.
- Collaborate with other relevant internal stakeholders such as risk department, internal auditing in managing all risks related stakeholders.
- Provide support and guidance to various stakeholders such as branches, clients, etc. on risk matters related to Business Turnaround.
- Must be willing to do any other reasonable and lawful instruction as given to the incumbent by his/her supervisor on time.
- Deciding and Initiating
- Network and Influencing
- Positive attitude towards system and system changes
- Planning and Organizing
- Communication both written and orally in English
- Planning and organizing skills
- Commercial Thinking
Experience/Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of the products, system and processing activities
- Computer literate: (knowledge of MS Word & MS Excel)
- Must be in possession of a valid drivers license
- Must have knowledge of the different regions within Namibia
- Analytical and technical skills
- Knowledge of business rescue and turnaround in an international context
- Debt collection experience
- 5 years experience in Credit and Market risk environment
- 3 years experience in a turnaround and restructuring environment.
- 1-3 years experience in a legal environment
- Bachelors degree in Finance/Risk/Legal (B.Com) or related
- CFA, Hons, Masters or related degrees will be an advantage
- Relevant restructuring qualification beneficial (CTP etc.)