Head: Credit Analytics, Data And Automation (Ada)
Bank Windhoek - windhoek, namibia
a month ago
To drive the development, the review/enhancement and the implementation of data and analytics-focused solutions and to automate, streamline, and enhance the credit processes.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS (KPAs)
1 Credit and Data Analytics
- Responsible for driving advanced credit analysis and management:
- Drive the use of mathematical models to assist in decision making processes.
- Drive the development of Machine Learning (ML) Application Scorecards and ML Decision Models.
- Capitalize on volumes of data from digital banking channels to design and implement Big Data analysis to draw financial insights.
- Drive and oversee the use of various software applications, models, and tools to assemble, manipulate and/or format data and/or reports.
2 Credit Automation
- Responsible for driving the transition from manual and paper-based credit processes to automated and streamlined credit processes (from loan origination to portfolio risk management), to capture the benefits of accuracy, real time or near real-time data, increased efficiency, and reduced decisioning times:
- Drive the automation of credit applications and decisioning and ensure integration with existing systems or applications that are already in place for these functions.
- Drive the automation of risk ratings based on probability of default (PD) and loss given default (LGD) models, tools that instantaneously deliver essential risk metrics for loan portfolio assessment.
3 Credit Portfolio Optimization, Analysis and Management
- Responsible for overseeing the management of the credit portfolio
4 Specialised Functions
Assist Credit Management with standing/ad hoc tasks that may stem from the following committees and or forums
- Credit Risk Forum
- Operational Risk Forum
- Project Management
- Executive Management Committee
- Board Credit Committees
- Asset and Liability Committee
- Product Committee
- Commercial, Structured and Project Finance
- Any other committees as instructed by the Executive Credit
5 Supervisory / Leadership / Managerial Functions Responsibilities for managing, directing, guiding, motivating, and influencing subordinates:
6.Credit Application / Assessment
- Policy Compliance
- Application Assessment Control
- Assessment of Securities / Repayment Ability / Risk
- Aftercare of Credit Facilities in Arrear/ Excess
- Analytical, technical, and practical skills
- Ability to adapt to fast changing environment
- Self-confidence and interpersonal skills
- Exponential thinking
- Time management
- Excellent communication and presentation skills ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Able to handle confidential information
- Planning and organizing skills
- Knowledge of the system and processing activities 8 years experience in Credit, Risk and Banking environment
- 8 years experience in Analytical and modelling environment
- Computer literate: intermediate to advanced MS software and report creation
- Intermediate to advanced skills with SQL, SAS, and similar tools
- Familiarity with more advanced data analysis concepts such as AI, Machine Learning, etc.
- Strong track record of creating ad hoc analytics or addressing business questions through analytics
- Must be in possession of a valid drivers license
- Must have knowledge of the different regions and sectors within Namibia
- Product knowledge.
- Minimum Post-Graduate (Hons. or Masters B.Com./B.Sc.) Degree in Finance / Portfolio Management / Statistics / Risk / Financial Mathematics / Business Mathematics / Data Science or similar field
- A professional qualification (CFA, CA, FRM, Actuary) will be an added advantage