Specialist: Pre-Legal Collections
Bank Windhoek - windhoek, namibia
a month ago
Responsible for effective and efficient management and administration of pre legal collection of outstanding arrears clients through managing performing loans of the Bank in compliance with the Banks credit policy and procedures.
Key Performance Areas (KPAs)
- Responsible for effective and efficient execution of financial targets related to pre legal collections.
- Responsible to ensure costs/expenses is executed in budget against target as defined in the Debt Recovery and Collection Strategy for the Bank.
Pre Legal Collections
2.1 Pre Legal Collection of arrears accounts
- Responsible for effective and efficient implementation of the pre legal collection policy, procedures and processes in compliance with the Banks credit policy and procedures.
- Accountable for educating clients about their payment status and negotiating payments structures and plans between the client, business and credit.
- Responsible to ensure improve business decisions by providing accurate and reliable business intelligence (information) together with analyzing trends and data for the debt recovery and collection environment.
- Accountable to ensure that the clients documentation and files are ready and in legal order when legal actions is unavoidable to ease that legal actions are well executed.
- Accountable to ensure that all collateral securities are legally valid and that they are kept safely in accordance with the Banks policy and procedures.
- Ensure effective and efficient realization of all collateral securities ceded to the Bank in line with the Banks policy, procedures as well as applicable legislation
- Responsible to manage performing loans effectively and efficiently through liaison with other internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible to manage outstanding arrears clients through aftercare implementation actions.
3 Relationship Management
- Building and enhance long term working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders including clients, e.g. attorneys, branches, etc.
- Accountable for the rendering of outstanding service to the departments clients (branches) and acting as advisory body with respect to any queries related to branches, credit, which includes Conducts client engagement.
4.Management pre legal activities
- Accountable for conducting tracing, locating and contacting clients.
- Accountable for trace assets of client through effective and efficient management of both internal and external processes.
- Accountable to ensure that all insurance policies are in place in respect of client and conducting deeds search and BIPA searches
5. Management of Collateral Documentation
- Overall responsible for effective and efficient management and administration of agreements and collateral documentation in compliance with the Banks policies and procedures.
- Overall responsible to ensure documentations and collateral security is in compliance with procedures, evaluating all information and ensure accuracy of same.
6. Compliance, Risk and Support
- Responsible for effective and efficient administration of legal collection internal processes and procedures in order to ensure compliance with the Banks risk framework to minimize risk. Partner with other relevant internal stakeholders such as risk department, internal auditing in managing all risks related to pre legal collections.
- Overall responsible for effective management and control of all routine administrative activities related to legal collection in the branch in compliance with the Banks policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Overall responsible for effective and efficient management and submission of admin related reports to relevant stakeholders.
- Provide management and leadership capability to the team
- Develop and re-enforce a performance culture in the team
- Must be prepared /willing to do any other reasonable and lawful instruction/task and ensure that it is normally carried out on time and correct.
- Interacting and presenting
- Relating and networking
- Analyzing and Interpreting
- Creating and Conceptualization
- Delivering and meeting customer expectations
- Planning and organizing
- Adapting and responding to change
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial thinking
Experience/Knowledge & Skills
- At least 3 years experience in a pre legal collection environment.
- Knowledge of debt collection in a banking environment will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in computer user skills
- Diploma in a commercial field with 3-5 years relevant banking experience of which 2 years should be at supervisory level
- A qualification in a legal field will be an added advantage