Manager: Pre-Legal Collections
Bank Windhoek - windhoek, namibia
a month ago
To ensure performing loans are well managed to avoid accounts to go into a non-performing loan status and accounts are under control and within budgets, for sustained profitability and stability in the performing book.
Key Performance Areas (KPAs)
- Ensure the reduction of loss to the Group and increase of revenue through collections and recovery while account is a performing loan.
- Manage costs/expenses within approved budget to achieve cost efficiencies in the recovery campaigns by ensuring execution of budget against target as defined in the Debt Recovery and Collection Strategy for the Bank.
Pre Legal Collections
2.1Pre Legal Collection of arrears accounts
- Ensure effective and efficient implementation of the pre legal collection policy, procedures and processes in compliance with the Banks credit policy and procedures.
- Responsible to manage and organize multiple performing accounts though ensuring track is kept on outstanding arrears accounts.
- Responsible for educating clients about their payment status and negotiating payments structures and plans between the client, business and credit.
- Responsible to identify changes in the pre legal collection process as a result of changes in the economy and implement pro-active responses.
- Improve business decisions by providing accurate and reliable business intelligence (information) together with analyzing trends and data for the debt recovery and collection environment by presenting findings to Credit Support.
- Identify how changes in legislation will affect the pre legal collection process and apply strategic changes in a pre-emptive attempt to lessen the effect of the change in legislation.
- Responsible to ensure that all collateral securities are legally valid and that they are kept safely in accordance with the Banks policy and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with national and international laws of realization of security and adherence to all applicable legislations and BON regulations.
- Oversee that performing loans are effectively and efficiently managed through liaison with other internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversee that outstanding arrears clients are managed through aftercare implementation strategies.
3 Relationship Management
- Assist the Senior Manager: Legal Collection in building and enhancing long term working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders and clients, e.g. attorneys, branches, etc.
- Responsible for the rendering of outstanding service to the departments clients (branches) and acting as advisory body with respect to any queries related to branches, credit, which includes Conducts client engagement.
- Participate in the Debt Restructuring technical committee by providing guidance on debt recovery and collections modelling technical issues.
4.Management of reports
- Exercise control over daily, weekly, monthly, yearly and ad-hoc reports, as identified.
5.Management pre legal activities
- Responsible for locating, contacting and conducting tracing of clients, as well search and BIPA searches
- Responsible to trace assets of client through effective and efficient management of both internal and external processes.
6.Management of Collateral Documentation
- Ensure effective and efficient management and administration of agreements and collateral documentation in compliance with the Banks policies and procedures.
- Review all agreements, documentations and collateral security to ensure compliance to all procedures, evaluate all information, ensure accuracy of same and ensure that the needed documents are well prepare as per required agreement or situation.
7.Compliance, Risk and Support
- Oversee the effective and efficient management and administration of legal collection internal processes and procedures in order to ensure compliance with the Banks risk framework to minimize risk.
- Collaborate with other relevant internal stakeholders such as risk department, internal auditing in managing all risks related to legal collections.
- Provide support and guidance to various stakeholders such as branches, attorneys, etc. on risk matters related to legal collections.
- Comply with governance in terms of legislative and audit requirements
- Provide management and leadership capability in the department.
- Ensure effective workforce planning and people capacity requirements in the area of responsibility.
- Plan and manage performance, skills development, employment equity, talent and culture of team in order to improve innovation, achieve efficiencies and increase competencies.
- Ensure effective management and control of all routine administrative activities related to legal collection in the branch in compliance with the Banks policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Ensure effective and efficient management and submission of admin related reports to relevant stakeholders.
- Interacting and presenting
- Relating and networking
- Analyzing and Interpreting
- Formulating and Strategies and concepts
- Delivering and meeting customer expectations
- Planning and organizing
- Adapting and responding to change
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial thinking Minimum requirements
Experience/Knowledge & Skills
- At least 5 years experience in a pre-legal collection environment.
- Knowledge of debt collection in a Banking environment will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in computer user skills
- Pre-Legal Collections qualifications with a minimum 5 years management experience
- Leadership course will be an advantage.