1 X Investment Banking Originator
Nedbank Namibia - windhoek, namibia
a year ago
Job Purpose: To provide a superior client service through application of sound credit lending principles with regards to new credit applications and credit review applications, and thereby enabling Nedbank to maintain its existing client base and grow its client base within an acceptable credit risk appetite.
- Ensure quality of submissions of new credit applications / credit reviews / portfolio reports by reviewing and evaluating information from direct reports and stakeholders.
- Identify the various credit risks pertaining to a client by analyzing and interpreting financial, market and business information.
- Suggest alternative financing solutions by making recommendations based on the credit policy guideline and the analysis based on the information provided.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders by providing a range of specialized credit risk management services.
- Manage client expectations by operating within the specified parameters.
- Ensure compliance by assessing credit decisions based on the credit policy guideline in conjunction with relevant Nedbank strategy and the analysis based on the information provided within applicable mandate.
- Enhance policies and procedures by recommending and making submissions to the relevant parties.
- Adapt to changes in legislation, economic and industry conditions by implementing the changes to credit policies, processes and systems where applicable.
- Manage and sustain acceptable credit risk appetite by applying credit risk management processes to diverse portfolios.
- Give overview of the asset lending book by preparing of a portfolio review.
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc.).
- Participate and support corporate responsibility initiatives for the achievement of business strategy (e.g. Green Energy Finance).
- Seek opportunities to improve business processes and systems by identifying and recommending effective ways to operate and adding value to Nedbank.
- Abilities Requirements:
- Fully conversant with local banking conditions.
- Extensive and sound experience in all aspects of sales and banking.
- Sound credit background linked with superior interpersonal and marketing skills, governance, risk and controls
- Results driven and sales driven personality.
- Ability to work under pressure, team oriented and a flexible approach.
- Oral and written communication
- Highly analytical, financial accounting principles
Education and Experience Requirements:
- B.Comm Accounting/Finance/Economics, CA or CFA would be an added advantage
- Minimum of 7 (Seven) years extensive experience or knowledge in credit granting across banking and lending products
- Sound knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook is a prerequisite
- Namibian citizenship.
- Valid drivers licence.