Senior Accountant: Modelling And Cost Report
Swakop Uranium - swakopmund, namibia
a month ago
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To provide a cost effective management accounting service in accordance with Swakop Uranium (SU) policies and procedures.
Key Performance Areas:
- Prepare, improve and distribute management reports to management/budget holders to assess the company's financial performance on a monthly basis.
- Produce management reporting against budget and business plan and perform analysis variances.
- Assist Management Accountant to drive cost savings through the budget process.
- Report on key business metrics and report on them in monthly management reports.
- Improve management reports including the monthly report and cash flow forecast.
- Assist Management Accountant in preparing long term cash flow with updated information.
- Propose and implement internal controls, policies and procedures.
- Ensure correctness of financial models.
- Conduct on-going cost analysis, identifying problem areas and submit recommendations for corrective action.
- Continually improve the existing financial model to better suit the dynamic nature of the business.
- Develop, maintain, update and optimize the financial model and budget model for medium term and long term budget and forecast management.
- Assist in the coordination and consolidation of the annual CAPEX and OPEX budgeting process for final approval.
- Collate budget input data received from line management and cost accountants.
- Assist in the departmental budget reviews and reporting on inconsistencies and inaccuracies as to optimize departmental efficiency.
- Assist the Management Accountant in the coordination of midyear budget revisions and monthly forecasts.
- Assist in the identification and analysis of expenditure trends and performance against budget.
- Produce monthly management report on variances from the established budget and the reasons for those variances through exception reports and explanatory information statements.
- Assist in the review of budget implementations through monthly cost meetings with budget holders.
- Engage in bench marking studies to establish areas of potential operational improvement.
- Implement new knowledge/information by keeping abreast of developments and introducing change in work processes where appropriate.
Requirements and experience:
- Grade 12 with a Bachelors degree in Financial/ Management Accounting (B. Acc. / B. Com. / B. Compt.).
- Honors degree in Accounting (CTA) will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years financial modelling experience.
- Experience in the mining industry will be a distinct advantage.
- Chartered Management Accountant (CIMA) will be an added advantage
- Valid Code B/BE Drivers License.