Education Manager - Namibia Campus
Botho University - ongwediva, namibia
14 days ago
Botho University was established in Botswana in 1997 has rapidly evolved over the years to become the leading multidisciplinary high quality Tertiary education provider in the SADC region and has campuses in Botswana, Lesotho, Namibia and e-Swatini. Botho University is one of the first Tertiary institution in Botswana to be accredited by the Human Resources Development Council (HRDC) and Botswana Qualification Authority (BQA) in 2008 as an Awarding Body under the new BQA regulation.
Botho University is a dynamic University implementing new programmes that are new and relevant to the Country. The University's mission is to provide quality education and produce globally employable and entrepreneurial graduates.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Education Manager will be responsible in handling ALL Academic Affairs, including key departments such as Internal Quality Assurance, Library, Teaching and Research Excellence, Assessments & Registry, Information Systems. The suitable candidate will perform some of the following functions;
- Overall administration of all academic activities.
- Administering teaching, learning and student support services.
- Ensuring quality, timely and smooth conduct of assessments.
- Demonstrating strong academic administrative leadership skills.
- Developing new programmes in line with the need of the country.
- Promoting research, consultancy and innovation.
- Promoting community engagement and internationalization.
- Planning, monitoring and evaluating all academic activities.
- Monitoring and evaluation of teaching excellence.
- Quality assurance and implementation.
- Managing human resources for effective running of academic activities.
Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum of Master's Degree from a recognized University. Preference will be given to a PhD Degree holder.
- A minimum experience of 10 years in managing, teaching, training and administration of academic activities at a tertiary institution level.
- Should have worked in Academic Leadership position (Manager, HoD) or above at tertiary level institution for a minimum of 3 years.
- Should have a good understanding and experience of academic quality assurance and quality management systems.
- Should have experience in working with regulators for programme accreditation and implementation of required regulatory standards for tertiary institutions.
- Should have experience in reviewing and designing curriculums of existing or new programmes respectively.
Skills and Competencies required:
- strong understanding of Botho Vision and Mission, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Critical analytical and problem solving skills with excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Competency on the curriculum design and development to develop new quality programmes and work towards the accreditation of such programmes.
- Excellent IT skills, ability to deliver results and meet deadlines using the support of technology.
- Hands on experience in using tools such as ERP, Campus Nexus, Smart Exam, Blackboard etc. Sound understanding of MIS is an added advantage.
- Must have worked as worked a Head of Department at any reputed University for minimum of 5 years.
- Highly motivated, dedicated person with proven track records in academics and leadership roles.
Closing Date: May 11, 2022