Senior Manager: Sustainable Energies , 3 Years Fixed Term Contract
Namcor - windhoek, namibia
14 days ago
The purpose of the role Senior Manager: Sustainable Energies is to provide expert advice and insights on the new energy sector to a wide range of stakeholders, including investors that want to venture in business with Namcor, internal Namcor teams, other OMAs and peers. As a sectoral expert and manager, the output from the role will be used to Develop policies, guidelines and plans on Synthetic fuels and Electro fuelling, Coordinate development, implementation and review of strategic Synthetic fuels and Electro fuelling plans and most importantly Identify growth and development areas, assess needs, and determine national priorities along with the availability of resources, and prepare plan of action based on existing government policy in order to position Namcor accordingly.
- Coordinate development, implementation, and review of strategic RE, green hydrogen, Synthetic fuels and Electro fuelling plans.
- Support and guide implementation of green hydrogen, Synthetic fuels and Electro fuelling activities
- Identify growth and development areas, assess needs, and determine national priorities along with the availability of resources, and prepare plan of action based on existing government policy and The National green hydrogen strategy and road map.
- Develop a comprehensive communication and information management system including press releases, information, and awareness creation (Communication Strategy).
- Develop a monitoring and evaluation system to measure the overall impact of the implementation of Green Hydrogen, Synthetic fuels and Electro fuelling plans and programmes
- Ensure coordination of Green Hydrogen, Synthetic fuels and Electro fuelling at international, regional (SADC), central and local government levels
- Develop policies, guidelines and plans on Synthetic fuels and Electro fueling
- Remain fully informed about domestic and regional energy developments and associated policy areas. Be able to contribute to the Namcor agenda and were representing the Board on various fora, to make impactful contributions.
- Be able to research, develop and contribute to solving challenges in existing and emerging green hydrogen and Synfuel sector, both practically and on policy level.
- A Masters degree at (NQF level 9) in the field of engineering / Law / Business Management, Economics, or any area of the renewable energy sector.
- Proven energy policy exposure with at least 3 years experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the broader field of energy.
- Experience or extensive knowledge in as many as possible of the following categories will be favorably considered:
- i.Renewable Energy
- ii.Oil & Gas
- iii.Fuel Distribution
- iv.Synthetic Fuels
- v.Extensive Knowledge on Green Hydrogen projects will be a distinct advantage