Junior Technology Consultant (Windhoek, Namibia)
Ernst & Young - windhoek, namibia
17 days ago
Learn more about EY
At EY, our purpose is Building a better working world.
The insights and quality services we provide help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
In a world that's changing faster than ever, our purpose acts as our North Star guiding our more than 300,000 people providing the context and meaning for the work we do every day.
We help digital pioneers fight data piracy; guide governments through cash flow crises; unlock new medical treatments with data analytics; and pursue high quality audits to build trust in financial markets and business.
In other words, working with entrepreneurs, companies, and entire countries to solve their most pressing challenges.
Primary purpose of this role
In Consulting, we are building a better working world by transforming businesses through the power of people, technology, and innovation. Transformation harnesses the core drivers of change to create long-term value and places humans at the center, leverages technology at speed and enables innovation at scale.
EY Namibia is seen as one of the leaders in technology consulting. As one of our technology consultants, you will be working with clients to improve the competitive advantage of their operations through assisting them with new technologies in the form of comprehensive data analytics and process automation.
What you will be doing
- Learn to understanding about the different businesses in the Namibian and international landscape.
- Analyse client data to make comprehensive analysis and predictions.
- Conduct in depth diagnoses of the clients processes and the automation thereof to recommend and implement improved changes.
- Solving logical problems, to help clients improve accuracy and efficiencies.
- Assist the external and internal auditors to extract, transform and load client data onto EY Data Analytics tools.
- Consistently maintain an up-to-date knowledge of new technology improvements in the field of Data and Automation.
- Work closely with clients to build and maintain long term relationships.
What we require
- BCom Honours Degree is required.
- A degree in Engineering or Data Analytics, or equivalent, will be an added advantage.
- Experience with Microsoft Power Bi or SQL will be an advantage.
- Process understanding and automation, skilled in RPA software will be an advantage.
- A basic understanding of accounting principles.
- Strong logical and problem-solving skills.
- An affinity for Information Technology Systems.
- High degree of emotional intelligence.
- Business analysis, awareness, and commercial focus.
What we offer
- Above market remuneration, including benefits.
- Additional paid leave days.
- Study opportunities including a generous amount of study leave.
- A registered Training Office for CAs and ACCAs to complete articles.
- EY Mobility Programs, allowing employees to work around the world.
- An opportunity to obtain your MBA in Technology and Environmental Studies for free.
EY Namibia is an equal opportunity employer, therefore persons from previously disadvantaged groups and with disabilities are encouraged to apply.